Carpet Cleaning Tips
The Thomas wildfire caused this Inn to suffer from soot and ash. SERVPRO of Encino/Sherman Oaks was hired to perform a cleaning (i.e. carpet cleaning)
Cleaning your carpet regularly can extend its life significantly. Vacuuming carpets at least once a week is a great way to limit the accumulation of dirt. Dirt particles sink deep into your carpet and can create odors. When the carpet is dirty microbes are floating around. These microbes can cause asthma related allergies, coughs, colds, watery eyes, and runny noses. The air quality in your home will dramatically improve when these microbes are cleaned.
Accidents happen so when they do make sure the situation is dealt with appropriately. Do not rub the stain in because, this will cause it to sink in deeper. SERVPRO of Encino/Sherman Oaks recommends that you spray the carpet cleaning agent onto a cloth and dabbing it onto the stain.
5 Reasons To Keep Your Ductwork Clean
The air quality in your home is important. Keeping dust, pollen, pet dander, and other irritants out of the air you breathe involves more than changing the air filter. What about the air ducts? Contaminants collect in the duct system too, and regular cleaning of the air channel is important.
1. Improves your health- poor indoor air quality ranks among the top five environmental risks to your health.
2. Energy consumption- clean ductwork helps lower your utility bill and helps your HVAC unit last longer.
3. Smelly air- odors continue to plague your home long after you remove the offensive item.
4. Moldy reasons- microbial growth can grow in your duct system especially if your home suffered recent water damage from flooding or foundation cracks.
5. Call a professional- SERVPRO is the professional you wan to seek!
You need to know the air you breathe at home is free from contaminants. What you don't know will hurt you. Make sure you contact a certified HVAC technician for ductwork cleaning.